Here I am on vacation again. I know some of you think this is a redundant statement as I have been retired some three years now, but it is not. There is something about being away from home that adds to the experience.
While reading today’s edition of the Grand Forks Herald, I came upon the following recipes:
White Wine Sangria:
- 2 bottles of dry white wine
- 1/2 to 1 cup of brandy
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 3 cups of assorted sliced fruit
- Combine all ingredients in a clear glass serving pitcher. Stir gently and let ingredients sit for 8 to 24 hours. Serve chilled.
- (Wine snobs, please, omit the brandy, agave nectar/honey and fruit.)
Root Beam Float:
- 8 ounces of root beer
- 1 ounce Jim Beam or bourbon of choice (here’s a chance to get rid of/use the bottle of Old Crow your great-aunt Matilda gave you twenty years ago)
- 2-3 curls of zest from an orange
- 1/2 cup vanilla bean ice cream
- Combine the first three ingredients in a float glass. Stir gently to combine bourbon and root beer. Top with vanilla bean ice cream and serve.
Ah, well, time to take the wife shopping. will return in an hour or three. Will open a beer and resume reading one of my books–either Phoenix in Shadow by Ryk E. Spoor or Liaden Universe Constellation: Volume III by Sharon Lee.